A symposium specific to a tribute to Benoit Mandelbrot will take place at the Ecole Polytechnique on the 17th and 18th of March 2011. Entrance is free but upon registration :
Title of the event is “Universalities and fractals”. You can find the absolutely fascinating program at the previous address.
Here are just a few presentations :
- Heinz-Otto Peitgen. University of Bremen and Florida Atlantic University « The Mandelbrot Set: Revitalizing Iteration Theory and Popularizing Mathematics »
- Luciano Pietronero, Universita La Sapienza, Rome « Fractal Cosmology »
- Laurent Calvet, HEC Paris et National Bureau of Economic Research (USA) « Risque extrême et régularité fractale en finance » (Extreme risk and fractal regularity in finance)
- Jens Feder, Physics of Geological Process, Université d’Oslo, “Fractals flow and Fracture”
- Peter Jones, Yale University « Product Formulas for Measures and Applications to Analysis »
By the way of this blog, I much thank the organizing committee as it seems to me that Mandelbrot was one of the greatest genius of the XXth century. I have been much awaiting this kind of tribute in France. That’s why I will deeply regret for a long time the fact that there is no way I can come on the Friday.
Here is a reminder of the few articles I wrote about Mandelbrot:
Use the following link to trackback from your own site: